So, I started getting stuff together for my hospital bag the other night. I can't do anything without a list, though, so let me share that here and see if there's anything I'm forgetting!
- Pajamas--my mom got me some great maternity/nursing jammies for my birthday that include a matching cardigan that will be perfect for covering up in the days following the birth. So, I'm going this month without wearing them so I can be certain they'll be clean and in the bag when we need to go!
- Slipper socks and flip flops.
- Nursing bra, underwear, toiletries.
- Knit pants and top to come home in.
- Books and things to do--Right now I'm reading Cinderella Ate My Daughter and Your Two-Year Old: Terrible or Tender, but I will probably be done with those before going into labor. I'll probably pick up a Jodi Picoult novel at the library, and I'll take the iPad so I can download a new Kindle book if I need to. I'll also take some Sudoku and crosswords.
- Snacks! This is the one major thing I didn't think about last time, and while I will typically eat anything, the hospital food was quite unappetizing and I really needed something else to eat.
- Clothes for Claire--a couple sleepers and onesies, and some cute hats and headbands (including one with a Halloween bow, just in case :)
- A gift for Kate from the baby. I still need to get this, and take Kate to get her gift for Claire.
- My maternity leave paperwork for the doctor to sign. Can't forget that!
- Camera and video camera. (And Matt will have his laptop so we can blog and update on Facebook!)
- My own pillow--I remember them telling us in our childbirth class with Kate to put a colored pillowcase on your pillow so the hospital staff won't accidentally take it. Good tip.
- The infant car seat for Claire to go home in.
Is there anything I'm forgetting? What's the smartest thing you took to the hospital when giving birth?